On 20th July 2021, the Phase II of OctaNE was launched which has 5 centres of Entrepreneurship and Start-up Innovation Zone (CoE+SIZ) at Gangtok, Kohima, Aizawl, Agartala and Itanagar in areas of Healthcare & Agritech, IT Applications in Graphics Design, Gaming & Entertainment, Data Analytics & AI and GIS Applications including Drone Technology respectively.
The event was presided over by Dr. Omkar Rai, Director General, STPI, Shri Subodh Sachan, Director, STPI HQ & CEO, STPINEXT, Shri Bhuvnesh Kumar, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Govt. of India, Shri Prabir Kumar Das, Jurisdictional Director, Northeast & West Bengal, STPI as well as the Chief Mentors of the newly launched CoEs –
- Shri Rahul Shingrani, Co-Founder & CEO, ten3T Healthcare
- Shri Sridhar Muppidi, Co-Founder, Purple Talk India Pvt. Ltd.
- Shri Pete Draper, CEO, Makuta Effects Pvt. Ltd
- Shri Kalyan Kar, Co-Founder & Director, InQube Innoventures
- Shri Ankit Mehta, Co-Founder & CEO, ideaForge Technology Pvt. Ltd